Need Advice on places to eat/drink and things to do in the city? Hit us up at finerthingslosangeles@gmail.com - we'd love to help out!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Slow Loves Hot Dogs



A couple things about my drunken alter ego
1.    When I drink – my nickname is Slow.
2.    When I drink – I always want hot dogs.

Slow comes from the fact that after a few beverages I am terribly un-photogenic and have a difficult time getting thoughts out. Hot dogs – well they are just delicious. Seems though that every time I drink (or when I'm sober... which is occasionally the case) I can never find a good hot dog near by. Yes there are options but I’m just not willing to wait in line at Pinks, and the street dogs and Carney’s dogs result in a worse hangover than booze.

I mused for months over the idea of starting my own fancy little hot dog shop with locations in the South Bay, Santa Monica, and WeHo and calling it Slow Dogs. Since I’m from Seattle the specialty of Slow Dogs would be a delicious Seattle Dog (dog/bun/cream cheese/onions/ketchup). We’d have other gourmet and low cal options as well so everyone would want to eat there. Everyone. 



Now, if I lived in Pasadena I wouldn’t have to muse about owning a hot dog café – I could just go to The Slaw Dogs.

Slaw Dogs recently opened up on N. Lake Ave in Pasadena and serves 10 different delicious dog combinations and a great selection of sides. Don’t want to be stuck with their specialties? Don’t worry – there's a huge ass menu of 11 different dogs (beef dog, turkey dog, chicken dog, etc...) and over 45 topping options so you can design your own dog as well.

Unfortunately for me/Slow - I don’t see cream cheese on the menu. But goat cheese + tomatoes sounds like a delicious alternative! And, who knows, maybe they will read this amazingly written post and decide to add the Seattle Dog as a specialty item (Note to Slaw Dogs: you can rename this specialty dog the ‘Finer Things Dog’. Thank you.)

Happy Eating!

The Slaw Dogs
720 N Lake Ave, #8
Pasadena, CA 91104
Sun-Wed. 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thu-Sat. 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment