Just last year we were talking amongst our friends, nursing our hangovers from the day before over brunch, WISHING there were more nice sports/beer bars in Los Angeles. At the time it seemed all LA was good for was Clubs/Lounges and sleazy bars (not that we don't love spots like Backstage Culver City - karaoke, drinks, Seahawks fans - what's not to love?).
Now it seems nice sports bars and burger/beer joints are popping up everywhere around our LA neighborhood. If only we had the foresight, and funds, to open our own! With our expertise in booze and fun times we'd be gazillionaires if we owned a bar...
Here's a few new spots opening in the next couple months you should keep your eyes out for:
* Melgard Public House (7505 Melrose Ave.) - Opening next week in former Louise's Trattoria Spot. Easy American food, tons of beers on tap, and lots of flat screen TVs (From the guy who owns 3rd Stop and 1739 Public House)
* The Surly Goat (7929 Santa Monica Blvd) - Opening soon. Main focus of the Surly Goat will be craft beers - and tons of them. (From the guy who started BoHo and Bar Delux, was expected to open in 2009 but, accordingly to EaterLA, ran into liquor license problems....)
* Name TBD - LAist reports a new Gastropub is expected to open just north of Golden State on Fairfax in a few months. More details to come...
* Locals Sports Bar & Grill (5047 W. Pico) - Just Opened! TVs, Beer/Wine/Liquor, 'Fresh' Bar Food (Whatever that means...)
* Capitol City (1615 Cahuenga) - Opened Sept. 2009 in former Goa spot. Lots of TVs, 60 Beers on Tap + Wine + Full Liqour, Two Stories, and Dance Floor/DJ Set up at back outside patio.